Wood flooring is timeless. It brings warmth to any home. It is the most sought after material for home floor design. It has the power to transform any room esthetically and also functionally.
Engineered flooring is versatile which makes it an excellent choice for almost any room, setting the perfect tone for your entire home. To read about engineered flooring click on the link below
If you are considering purchasing engineered or hardwood flooring bellow is a comparison between the two, to help you with your decision.
DIFFERENCE – solid wood flooring is made from natural timber that is sawed into planks and each plank is made from a single piece of wood. On the other hand, engineered flooring has pretty much the same appearance, the only difference is, it is made up of multiple layers of wood and wood products.
DURABILITY– engineered hardwood can last a lifetime. Engineered flooring is a more durable option than hardwood flooring due to the layers that it consists of, that provide more durability which makes engineered flooring much more resistant to damage such as impact of objects, spills and moisture and is also less likely to warp or move. Hardwood flooring grows with humidity and shrinks in cold temperatures, making it difficult to install in places such as the kitchen, bathroom, etc.
PRICE – once again, engineered flooring is considered a better option than hardwood flooring. It is more cost-effective due to its construction not being completely made out of solid wood. But have in mind, although it is a cheaper option, it will still add value to your home as hardwood would since they do have the same appearance. Engineered flooring is mostly chosen by home-owners and home-buyers solely on the fact that it is much more durable and low maintenance is required throughout the years.
INSTALLATION – since engineered flooring is pre-finished it is quite easier and faster to install than hardwood flooring. There are multiple installation options for engineered flooring- glueing, nailing and floating. And can be walked on immediately after installation. Hardwood flooring usually takes days to install since it is mostly finished on site. Learn more about the installation process of engineered flooring
MAINTANANCE – even though solid flooring as a natural wood can be refinished up to 6 times, even the slightest damage can and will be noticeable. This will lead to a whole process of having to sand down and refinish the surface as you would when installing. As for engineered flooring, thanks to its texture and color, damage is less or not visible at all. If needed, you can refinish your engineered flooring once.
FINISH OPTIONS – since engineered floors are manufactured in a factory, they can be made in different colors, species, textures, etc. this is what makes them most appealing to buyers. With solid wood, this is almost impossible to do since there are only a few manufactures than can try and achieve the same look of engineered floors on solid wood.
Here are a few of many colors we offer of hardwood flooring:
- Gris – With a mix of deep charcoal and rich brown tones, the Gris range evokes a rustic charm.
- Auber – The warm antique grey and cream tones of the Auber range run through the grain, highlighting the unique texture of oak.
- Elmo – A mix of rich honey tones make up the Elmo range that creates a warm and comforting environment.
- Delft – Featuring smoky brown hues mixed with hints of warm red tones, the Delft range exudes luxury.
- Bianche – One of the most natural looking oak color, Bianche features rich caramel hues, providing a feeling of pure comfort.
- Bizet – The aged oak-colored grain of the Bizet range features deep rich brown colors that can enrich any space and add a sense of moodiness.
- Blanc – Blanc combines soft cream hues with light silver-grey undertones to create a space that is light and airy.
Looking for the best-engineered flooring and hardwood flooring in Sydney? Here are the newest collections of presented to you with premium quality from one of the best reputable companies – A&D designer floors.
AUSTRALIAN SELECT TIMBERS
Australian select timbers bring you stylish, sustainable, sophisticated, and simply beautiful floors. They source the best material to create flooring masterpieces.
Here is the range collection to choose from:
GRAND OAK FLOORING (Noble Collection)
HICKORY FLOORING (Hickory Homestead)
REGENCY COLLECTION (Regency Imperial)
To read more about these collections click here
Preference floors are an Australian company that specializes in distribution of flooring products. Products such as: Engineered Oak, Australian Timber, Laminate, etc.
Here is the range to choose from:
- ARTISAN OAK – this range provides a palette of natural tones along with contemporary visuals.
- PRESTIGE OAK – this range has an authentic appeal to compliment any interior with its exceptional and contemporary décors.
To read more about Preference floors click here
For more information or inquiries please contact us via Telephone- 1300 299 522 or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to visit our showroom – Unit 8, 10 Hearne St Mortdale, NSW